Corrugated Packaging Facts
Facts About Corrugated Packages:
- Corrugated packaging is engineered for stackability. It withstands top and side pressure, is crush resistant and passes rigorous burst strength tests.
- Corrugated boxing cushions and protects products during shipping and can be customized to provide extra protection for heavy, fragile or hazardous materials. Our custom protective packaging is highly designable with the ability to be cut and folded into an infinite variety of shapes and sizes and to be printed with colorful, high-quality graphics.
- Products are designed and prototyped with advanced computer-aided design and manufacturing systems, providing customers with the best and most cost-effective packaging solutions with no surprises.
- Our corrugated containers are rigid shipping packages on which printing can be directly applied.
- Corrugated is tested to be impact, drop and vibration damage resistant, yet lightweight enough for transporting products.
Facts About Corrugated Production:
- Corrugated is often made of recycled content, and is almost always made of post-consumer material, reducing reliance on natural resources.
- No heavy metals or ozone-depleting substances are used in corrugated box production.
- Ongoing research and development programs are continuously improving characteristics such as strength-to-weight ratio, printability, moisture resistance and recyclability.
Facts About Corrugated Recyclability:
- Over 70% of corrugated boxes are recycled; giving corrugated material one of the highest recycling rates in the United States.
- Most old corrugated containers (OCC) recovered are recycled into new container board at U.S. mills. Recycled paperboard manufacturers are the second largest domestic consumers of OCC.
- Corrugated accounts for the largest share of all paper grades recovered for recycling.